Saturday, March 15, 2014

Inspiration Elevator Reveal

Samantha Walker Creative Team Blog Hop is 3 posts below!
Click here!


You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and extend ourselves. You can view all of the challenges at our Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.
Our challenge this month was posed by the very talented Ann Jobes. Here's how she expressed this month's challenge. This idea has been cooking since the fall (just not articulated). My daughter subscribes to the Dance Spirit magazine and I sometimes browse through it, too. One of my favourite monthly features is an article that features a different dancer each month, some photos of that dancer, and a description of their current work, and (the best part!) a letter. The theme is a Letter to My Teenage Self. The content ranges, depending on the dancer and his/her experience, morals, ideals, etc.
So this month's assignment is to write a letter to your teenage self. You can take any approach you'd like to this - scrapbook page, art journal page, canvas. However the prompt inspires you. And your content is of course up to you, as well. Some topics might be: what would you try to teach yourself? Or, what would you counsel yourself to do or not do? This does not have to be a page about regrets. It could be about congratulating yourself on something you did right that has contributed to who you've become today.  Please visit the other Inspiration Elevator designers' blogs and see how they worked with Ann's challenge. We would LOVE to see you take up Ann's challenge this month, so if you do, please share it at our linkup on the Inspiration Elevator blog.

Here is my take on Ann's challenge:


I am having fun with a bit of art journaling...nothing as amazing as my team mates...but still having fun and making it my style!  I played with some Gelatos for the rainbow effect.  Tucked away of the back of the page is my letter to my teenage self.  Yes, very personal and not up to sharing, but this is how I feel about the past and the future.  
Dear Future...I am ready!

5 comments :

Ann said...

I love your approach and philosophy, Cathy! Your mixed media stuff is great, it's you, and you have nothing to apologize for! I love your rainbow - it just suggests hope and optimism! Great take on the challenge!

Joanne said...

I love it! Your style is beautiful! I love all the little bits and pieces that you added and the rainbow effect is gorgeous!!
Joanne xo

LisaM said...

Love what you did with the Gelatos and your details are amazing!

Unknown said...

wow I am loving this, the bright colours really draw the eye to your message

Michelle Hernandez said...

So true! You've reminded me to whip out those gelatos- I've had them forever and they STILL intimidate me! I love the pure punch of color they lend to this art journal entry.

Back to Top