Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hello Sunshine with Samantha Walker files

Hello Sunshine Trapezoid Purse with Cathy

I have a post up on the Samantha Walker Blog today with one of her new purse files and purse gift card files.  I have a friend who has been a little blue and under the weather, I wanted to create a little gift for her that would brighten her day like the sunshine.  

I knew when I saw this 
that it would be perfect.  I knew that I could add the Hello Sunshine into the pocket, I simply backed the negative cut with some yellow dotted card stock!



First, ungroup all of the purse pieces and just cut the four sides of your purse.  I used Samantha Walker's 

 Next, cut your pocket with you choice of paper, I chose to work with the same pattern.  I just reduced the Hello Sunshine file to fit inside the pocket.  I just eyeballed it to center it!  Once you have this cut, cut a piece of card stock to fit and back your negative cut.
 I then cut four handle pieces, since I was using a textured card stock, I wanted to have the same appearance and texture on the inside and outside of the purse.  Just glue two piece together for each handle!
 Now on to the assembly of the purse..I followed Samantha's awesome instructions.  You can find the instructions for all of her Purse Silhouette Files here.  I used Scor-tape and a bit of hot glue to adhere mine...I really wanted the sides to be super strong as I filled it with all the goodies below. 
 I filled it with everything I could find that was yellow to represent the sun and things I know that she will love!
And just as luck would have it, the day I finished creating the purse, Samantha designed matching gift card purses and envelopes to go with all of her super cute designs.  Of course, I had to make 
to match!
 How cute are these envelopes that the handle sticks out of the top.  Seriously, she thinks of every little detail.  Love that!  I added one of Samantha's new Layered Flowers to the front of the envelope!
Supplies: Trapezoid purse with Circle Handle and pocket, Hello Sunshine Title, Circle Handle Trapezoid with pocket gift card holder and envelope set, Flower 3 (links below). Carta Bella Giddy Up Girl collectionScor- tape, Hot glue gun, Textured dot yellow card stock, Brads,
Petaloo Flowers, white twine, blue chalking ink.

Just click on the pictures for the links to these files!





Hoping that you have a sunshine filled day and thanks for joining us today!

1 comment :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love!!! So gorgeous!!!!

Back to Top